Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Drip during heavy rain shower

david wrote:
Thank you for replying

Yes it was very windy during the storm and the rain was horizontal at
times. I had leaks at different parts of the house last year during
Hurriance IKE and my handyman dir re seal the flashing as he noticed
that they were pretty bad.

This drip is about 3 feet from the one that i had during the
hurricane which was much worse.

The only thing i can think of is that the water came thru one the air
ventitation vents but again i don't see any signs of dampness there
nor did the insulation get wet. Does insulation dry so quickly.

Leaks don't have to start at the top (roof), they can start at the side too.
Horizontal rain means water was being driven hard at places where it
normally wouldn't. Entry could be lots of places...around a window...bad
shingle...

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...