B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Source for Black Laquer

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:07:01 -0400, "David Chamberlain"
wrote:

The lacquer from www.targetcoatings.com is WATER based so it is not
hazardous. I have had very good luck with it and it is easy to clean the
hvlp equipment after use. The coats of lacquer "burn" together when you
apply them. This means that you do not get witness lines if you cut through
an outer coat when rubbing out the finish.

How does water based lacquer burn in? Isn't that a function of the
solvent in subsequent coats?

I'm not familiar at all with the stuff, but I'm intrigued. I would
love to use lacquer that isn't an extreme health and explosion hazard.

Barry