Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default I am an extremist...

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:26:14 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:40:30 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:06:07 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:02:01 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Napolitano is the one who inserts Timothy McVeigh into the report as a
"typical" conversion of a soldier to an extremist.

And isn't that what happened ? Of course he was of low intellect, which made
the conversion easy.

Graham

The 'conversion' took place when Janet Reno barbecued dozens of
children at Waco.

Please don't troll feed the Eeyore jerk. Shun him. Let him die
that most unpleasant of deaths... alone... without a friend.

...Jim Thompson

I understand what you mean but I think the right leaving the left's
ranting's largely unchallenged has resulted in a domestic version of
Hitler's 'Big Lie' theory.

Yep. All politics is a variation on that old French vignette... "What
woman?" ;-)

Or global warming, or carbon credits/cap & trade, bail-outs, no secret
ballot for union elections...... I knew Obama would be problematic,
but I never dreamed that it would be to this degree :-(

... in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility;
because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted
in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or
voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they
more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since
they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be
ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into
their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe
that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so
infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be
brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and
will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For
the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it
has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in
this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X

The effect is bad enough when challenged but unchallenged it can be
disastrous.

I believe in challenging... I write enough letters-to-the-editor that
I figure I'll be getting a visit, maybe even arrested, one of these
days... welcome to the Democratic Peoples Republic of America :-(

But Eeyore? He's a simple mental case, like Slowman, and should be
ignored.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

In Memoriam...
Duane Lee Thompson
October 31, 1972 - April 20,2006
4th Child, 2nd Son, of Jim & Naomi Thompson
Victim of Colon Cancer