Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Sleepy Hollow" awakes

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:15:04 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

After several attempts, I finally got through to someone at Sony.

Hint: It would have been nice if you had disclosed the maker and
model number of the problem Blue-Ray drive. An amazing number of
problems can be fixed by firmware updates.

I was told to reset the player, by pressing Stop and Power (on the unit)
simultaneously for 10 seconds. Lo and behold, the movie then played.

Hmmm... I couldn't find any reference to that using Google. Must be
an inside secret. Don't tell anyone.

I was also told this would reset the player to factory defaults, but it
didn't. Everything was as I had left it.

My guess(tm) is that it resets the region code.

So... Sometimes Dogbert /is/ correct...

Yep. I gave up reading Dilbert since I started losing hair in the
middle and looking (and acting) like Pointy Hair Boss.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D