Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Solar Fans vs. Wind turbines

bob haller wrote:

anyone who smokes doesnt care about their health.

tobacco should pay for all adverse health effects.

We do. A recent study found that the health costs for smokers is far, FAR
outweighed by the money the government saves in Social Security benefits due
to earlier deaths.

If the government had any sense, the best plan to "save" social security
they could promote is one that encourages smoking.

But, of course, that would disrupt the mass movement against smoking and
what would those poor mindless people do? We've saved the whales, eliminated
nuclear power, burnt the bras, and elected a progressive.

Banning smoking is the only mass movement left that gives meaning to many
folks otherwise meaningless lives. You see, people mind their own business
when it is worth minding. When it's not, they take their mind off their own
irrelevant affairs by minding other peoples' business. That, in essence, is
the purpose of the anti-smoking campaign.