Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default mounting a safe

"djay" wrote in message

This one didn't come with any mounting hardware... b 4
I drill into it, I'll call the manufacturer for any tips. I think
putting holes in it would definitely drop the fire rating?

It will but not to any appreciable degree. The floor on the bottom and the
washer on the top tend to keep the steam inside the safe in the event of a
fire, and the average residential fire does not blaze for as long as the
rating of the safe, so you should be OK.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.