Posted to alt.home.repair
djay djay is offline

Default mounting a safe

"ransley" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 10:54 pm, "djay" wrote:
I just received a very nice fireproof safe that has no mounting hardware.
So it's fireproof etc but not thief proof. It's about 2 X 2 X 2.

I'd like to mount the sucker down with something. I'm thinking about
strapping it down to the floor by wrapping angle iron around up the left
side across the top and down the right side leaving ears at the bottom.
Kind of like an upside down U. Then drill into the slab and bolt the ears
down to the floor.

It won't insure that a determined thief won't just cut off the bolts and
unstrap it but it will definitely take longer.

Welcome for all comments/ideas?

Thanks!

Djay

Did you just buy it, I just bought one at HD that came with brackets
to bolt it down from the inside, check out the safes web site, some
safes have an area made to be drilled through if you use the proper
gasket and bracket.

This one didn't come with any mounting hardware... b 4
I drill into it, I'll call the manufacturer for any tips. I think
putting holes in it would definitely drop the fire rating?

Djay