Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Solar Fans vs. Wind turbines

On Apr 16, 11:20*am, (texan1) wrote:
Seems like we need to replace a roof after most recent storm in our
(Dallas,TX) area.I'm thinking about putting impact resisting shingles and
since it requires
more ventilation I can't decide if I should put additional wind turbines
or have a solar fan installed instead. Our electric bill is not that high
during the summer so I'm not sure if there is any benefit of having a
solar vent + we have plenty of wind to keep turbines rolling.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I maintain some solar powered equipment but I have to monthly clean
the array or the batteries get where they will not stay charged. I
definitely would not want to have to keep going up on the roof to
clean them. Besides that that much walking on your roof isnt good for
it. Why not an AC powered vent fan?

Jimmie