Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small petrol engine - cylinder head bolt torque?

In article ,
Dave Baker wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
Rob G wrote:
Thanks Mike - gave me the leads I needed. Interestingly in the end
the torque of 140 in-lbs is standard for 3/8" steel bolts in
Aluminium.

I'd check again. The bolts on my SD1 cylinder head are approx 3/8 and
go into aluminium threads. 70 ft.lb.

They're 7/16" which is not even remotely "approx 3/8".

Err, 7/16 against 6/16ths on this sort of discussion? You're being picky
again...

But in any case makes it all the more obvious the 140 lb.ft is nonsense.

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.