Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Any Taig Wizards

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:35:09 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

This one is a CNC mill with an adjustable nut. Somebody sent me a link to a
page that shows how to adjust it. I adjusted the X-axis last night and its
better, but it still shows the bump and flat spot, so I'll adjust the Y-axis
today sometime, and then try it again. If that still doesn't work I'll pop
off the steppers and take some measurements manually to see what I get
compared to what my software produces. I have already concluded due to
other issues that I need to save Mach3/Lazycam for the simplest non-critical
things and figure out how to get my EMC working with this controller.

Sounds like upgrading to a ball screw is what you need.

Wes