Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Stair treads

GMM wrote:
A good few things to think about there - Thanks chaps!

Of course, one thing I didn't mention is that these stairs are open
(no risers), and the treads sit slightly above the strings, which
makes it all a little more complicated(!)

Ah, you mean open or cut string as well as open riser?

A bit liek:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?..._String_Stairs

I guess if I route (that doesn't look right, but I guess that's what
you do with a router!) as far as I can then get a carpet to fit that
width (the shops seem to only want to sell cut carpet and the old-type
stair runners), it should work.

I suppose you could get some carpet tiles and cut one down for each
tread. Use the hard floor to carpet starting bead around each edge of
the tile (mitred at the corners).

--
Cheers,

John.