Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long

"Leon" wrote in message

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Here are my drill press tips.

1. Always buy a floor model..

Any particular reason? I often see floor models "Loosely Assembled" and
or assembled wrong. I was also considering the fact that assembled may be
harder to transport from the store.

A local dealer that has been in business 50 + years and offers free
assembly and adjustment or free delivery with in 50 miles.

Ahhhhh...., Leon has a background in retail!! I shoulda known that.

What is the term I am looking for here? Ya know, one that sits on the
floor. Or should I say STANDS on a floor. Ya know, the tall one. NOT a
bench model. They usually come unassembled and you have to put them
together.

An example is the Grizzly G7948 is described in the catalog as a G7948 12
Speed 20" Floor Drill Press,

If you buy from a distant location, you will get everything in boxes anyway.
You do the assembly.