Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long

"Leon" wrote:

Acutally I have been using cordless and corded drills since the
early 90's that all have keyless chucks, my Pansaonic was the first.
I have not had a problem with slippage with any of the keyless
chucks.

Like a lot of things, it's a matter of size.

1/2" and smaller chucks usually found on hand held drills are great
for keyless chucks.

OTOH, a drill press, bench or floor, will typically have at least a
5/8", more likely 3/4" chuck.

A keyed chuck above 1/2" has a lot going for it., IMHO.

Lew