Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long

wrote in message
On Apr 16, 10:36 am, "Leon" wrote:
And while I have you attention, can you recommend an affordable and good
brand or type of HS drill bit for drilling in mild steel, etc.

See if this works - it may not work due to the wrap:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ght=drill+bits

or

http://tinyurl.com/ceffq3

Pretty good discussion there about drill bits and their use by the
knife making community. Some of those guys drill a billion holes with
their bits.
Quite an assortment of folks with an opinion on bits, all the way from
the casual builder to the registered bladesmith.

Robert

Thank you Robert, just took a quick look and I immediately saw a comment
about "Chicago Latrobe" bits and apparently he is getting pretty good
mileage out of them. Seems every time I pull a bit out of my box it is the
only dull one in the box. I grab the next over sized or under sized bit and
it is fine. Perhaps I should go for the next up or down wrong size more
often.