Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
I have the Delta and I'm not sure why the
need for the keyless chuck.

Typically I tighten the chuck so tight that I have difficulty loostening it
up, hense the comment about a user friendly key. Acutally I have been using
cordless and corded drills since the early 90's that all have keyless
chucks, my Pansaonic was the first. I have not had a problem with slippage
with any of the keyless chucks. I herard long ago that keyless more evenly
tightens down and provides a better grip. That comment may have been made
as a compairison to keyed chucks and not using all 3 holes to evenly tighten
the chuck, which I do. The problem is that I only use 1 hole to loosen,
maybe if I gave all 3.....

I would want to be able
to really crank down on larger bits and
a keyless chuck ain't up to that task.

The Delta I have is the laser model and even
that is pretty nice. The table is quite large
and has removable inserts.

http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=14999

250 - 3000 RPMs

I think I am looking at the one a step above, newly introduced IIRC. It has
a longer quill travel and appears to have a larger base.
http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=15685

Thanks for the input.