Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
om...
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:27:01 -0500, Leon wrote:

So
far and similar to your first suggestion I am looking closely at the
Delta 17-959L, $579 locally.

Leon, I was impressed with that one when I worked at Woodcraft. I built
a forward-tilting table for my benchtop DP so it would tilt in both
axes. Delta is the 1st commercial product I've seen with that capability.

I think you are right about the table tilt.

But if you have a soft spot for radial, Delta makes one. Rikon makes
two :-).

Yeah, it is a nice feature if you need it but I really have not had the need
in 30 years. I got mide as a reward through the GM Maritz program, meeting
sales quotas. I think I would like to use the table tilt feature over the
head tilt feature.