David F. Eisan

Default Heavy Duty Delta DJ-20 8" Jointer

Hello there,

My apologies for not specifying currency. Prices are in CDN funds. I have
not been to a "wood show" in some time and I don't recall that being
criteria for pricing items but if this is the case, again I apologize. If

may, can I ask if the price of $1500 NIB is CDN? And does that price

include
mag switch and rolling base? I only ask since the switch and base were
options I purchased above and beyond the actual DJ-20 price, almost $300

at
the time. I would consider any fair price if there is anyone out there

that
is actually "interested" in buying a DJ-20. Other than that thank-you all
for your insight and helpfulness in this matter.

Yes, as low as $1450 CDN at the Woodstock woodshow a few weeks ago. The new
X5 series DJ-20 is around $1750 CDN with a free router or mobile base. Delta
usually only carries the 37-350-671 here in Canada, (-671 meaning mag
starter), the -670 manual starter version is uncommon as is the -672 24v LVC
version. In Ontario, from Aug-Mar, there is a wood show within a few hours
drive almost every month. X5 DJ-20's sell for less than dealers used to
*buy* regular DJ-20's for. With King importing a very similar machine, Delta
is out to make a point, telling King to stay away from it's machines and
Delta dropped the price big time.

Two years ago, we used to sell them for $2399 CDN, that price point is long
gone.

Really, I am not trying to give you a hard time. If you can sell it for that
price more power to you. I was just alerting you to the fact that the price
has plummeted in the last year or two on DJ-20's and you are not likely to
get any takers at that asking price.

Thanks,

David - Who is sales manager for one of Canada's largest tool stores.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar