Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin Whybrow Martin Whybrow is offline

Default Looking For Web Site Archiving Software

"Joe" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:56:46 -0500, Ignoramus2981

On 2009-04-16, Joe wrote:
OK, I should have mentioned that I'm running Windoze. I'm currently
trying Ubuntu as a secondary in a dual-boot, but I can't get my
printer to work with it.

What kind of printer is that?

Wget is a decent archiver. But be careful as to what websites you
archive, and try to not archive anything that looks like it is
database driven or generated by scripts.

You can get into a infinite downloading loop and waste a lot of
website owner's bandwidth for no good reason.

I have such a site algebra.com, and always had problems with people
trying to download it, not realizing how huge it is.

It's a Brother HL-1440 (IIRC) laser printer. I went through a process
described on a Ubuntu forum, and the system tells me the printer is
installed. When I go to print, the printer warms up, and the Data LED
lights up, but nothing prints, and no paper is output, either.

Anyway, I'm trying to find the Win program that Gunner mentioned a few
months ago (or equivalent). I haven't had any luck yet with a GGroups
search. I guess I need to try harder.

If I get my printer to work with Linux, I'll try Wget.

Joe

There is a Windows version of wget, I have it on this machine; it's
available from he
http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/ (same location as the Linux version, just
look for the Win32 binaries).

Martin
--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom