Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin Sambrook Calvin Sambrook is offline

Default Cable marking

"george (dicegeorge)" wrote in message

Calvin Sambrook wrote:
"PM" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to put stickers on several mains cables (IEC leads for PC
equipment).

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?SKU=CB10273
TYCO ELECTRONICS / RAYCHEM - WCD-762 - LOADED DISPENSER COLOURS
Unit Price: £9.76 (£11.22)

its a white tape you wrap round the cable
write on it
and it has a layer of sellotape
cleverly built in to it
which you then wrap around it
so the ink doesnt rub off.

* Each dispenser contains a roll of pre-cut Self Laminating labels for
Wire, cable and pipe identification
* Each label has a white write on area for easy marking
* Special pad allows easy marking
* Marker dispenses automatically when the liner is pulled from base of
unit
* On application, the mark is protected against mechanical influences
by an over laminated adhesive lined transparent layer
* Temperature Range: -40°C to +120°C

[g]

That sounds very similar (obviously I meant laminating and not amalgamating)
but the format is much better suited to the one-off uses suggested by the
original post than the A4 sheets we use.

In fact I might get some to use at work for the one-offs as the A4 sheets,
while good for production runs are a pain for one-offs.