Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Solar Fans vs. Wind turbines

(texan1) wrote in
m:

Seems like we need to replace a roof after most recent storm in our
(Dallas,TX) area.I'm thinking about putting impact resisting shingles and
since it requires
more ventilation I can't decide if I should put additional wind turbines
or have a solar fan installed instead. Our electric bill is not that high
during the summer so I'm not sure if there is any benefit of having a
solar vent + we have plenty of wind to keep turbines rolling.

Any advice will be appreciated.

solar panels may not survive a storm;they can be broken,hail-damaged,etc.
They also get dirty and output drops until cleaned.

The wind turbine follows the KISS principle.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik