Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Merrill David Merrill is offline

Default Looking For Web Site Archiving Software

http://www.httrack.com

Haven't used it myself yet.

David Merrill

"Joe" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:02:26 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer
wrote:

Joe writes:

A few months ago, Gunner (I think) mentioned a program he used to
capture & archive web sites. I downloaded it & used it, but a recent
hard drive meltdown has resulted in the loss of the program, and an
ongoing brain meltdown has resulted in the loss of the memory of what
the program was called.

So, anybody care to enlighten me about that?

Depending on just what you're doing, and just what OS you're using....
I scoop websites with 'wget', and I maintain a website using
'sitecopy'. These are both under Linux; I would expect MacOS and other
Unix variants to have them; no idea about Windows.

OK, I should have mentioned that I'm running Windoze. I'm currently
trying Ubuntu as a secondary in a dual-boot, but I can't get my
printer to work with it.

Joe