Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic garden watering

Theo Markettos wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:
Hozelock and Gardena make all the bits. I usually recommend Hozelock
because they're more widely obtainable at B&Q, garden centres, etc. The
timers are quite simple but I've not seen any that can be remotely
controlled (though ground-moisture-sensing is an option with Gardena at
least).

If you can get an electrically-controlled valve, switch it with an X10
relay. Then you can have a PC with an X10 controller programmed however you
like. X10 usually communicates over powerlines, so you don't need extra
wiring.

Theo

LIDL have a timer on offer from thursday 23rd. No idea on quality but it
is £12.99.
Caveat emptor
Bob