Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Samsung Refrigerator not cooling

On Apr 15, 1:11*pm, Mac Cool wrote:
I have a fourteen month old Samsung RS257BARB refrigerator that will not
stay cold, it hovers around 50-55 degrees f. We know the evaporator keeps
freezing up but cannot figure out why. We've had two different Samsung
authorized repairmen, one replaced a bi-metal but that didn't fix the
problem. Samsung is absolutely no help, all they want to do is deny that
it is caused by anything covered by the warranty. Any ideas or
suggestions?

Is it always 50 deg or does it cool initally for at least a few days
after it's been turned off and thawed out? If it cools OK for a few
days, that would suggest the auto defrost isn't working and the
evaporator gets covered in ice, eventually blocking cold air flow.

If it doesn't cool even when started initially, given that the
evaporator gets cold, it would suggest an air flow problem. Most
fridges use a small blower to move the cold air around. If it's not
working or blocked, you get a cold evaporator, but little or no cold
air.