Posted to alt.home.repair
sid sid is offline

Default Surround receptical box with foam board

On Apr 15, 9:58*am, RickH wrote:
On Apr 15, 9:50*am, sid wrote:

I have one particular corner that I intend to use a lot of 'Owens
Corning' foam board. *Can anyone tell me of any know issues with
surrounding the receptacle w/ pink foam board ?
I have seen several discussions in this list talking about how the
stuff is not flammable, but can I safely butt it right up to
receptacle boxes ?

Thanks

Sid.

Sure. *Junction boxes are also screwed to studs and those are
certainly not fireproof. *(the outlet is in a box isn't it?).

Yes, its in a 4" box. but they are usually not surrounded by foam that
close.