Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default lawn sprinkler system

On Apr 14, 5:20*pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:37:58 -0700 (PDT), Pat

wrote:
In areas without much water,
wasting water is a real concern and therefore it probably shouldn't be
used for lawns.

My water company* paid $2.00 a sq ft, for me to remove the lawn turf.
11 tons of rock, capped sprinkler lines, weed cloth, photos, rules,
inspections, etc. They sent me a check.

Plants and trees are on drip lines, timed schedules. We have a yearly
calendar, and change from once or twice a week, up to every day in the
summer months.

New construction homes cannot have turf lawns anymore. The option is
artificial grass.

I never looked back after taking *out most of my lawn.

http://www.snwa.com/html/

SNWA launches Water Smart Sprinkler Study
The Water Authority tests emerging sprinkler technologies that use
less water and improve the health of your lawn.

Nevada is NOT Northern Texas. Your solution make perfect sense for
Nevada but not so for everywhere.