Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Do Simonton windows suck?

On Apr 14, 4:25*pm, Christopher Nelson wrote:
I bought a 40-year-old house last year. *The previous owner had put
new windows through most of the house. *In some rooms, they are
Andersen. *In others Simonton (I never heard of them).

The Andersen windows are tight and warm. *Our couch is in front of a
10'x5' bank of Andersen windows and I can sit with my arm on the back
of the couch and not feel a difference in temperature. *The Simonton
windows are cold. *I don't see the blinds move even in heavy winds but
standing in front of them, I feel cold air.

Do Simonton windows suck or are they poorly installed? *If I pulled
off the frame and put some Great Stuff around the window, might it
seal it better or is it the window that is failing?

Chris

The Andersen I bet are LowEargon, the Simonton probably not and may
have other areas they dont match in performance like air infiltration.