Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Is there anything that ants can't crawl on?

I've had the best luck for getting rid of *all* insects with sticky insect
traps, fly strips, sticky mouse traps, etc.

I'll put the sticky fly strips down low in corners and they catch all sorts
of crawling insectsm spiders, etc. Up high and flying insects, especially
near outside lights.

The best time is right now - Spring. Place them all around the house inside
and out, up and down. Then the insects you catch will not be able to
reproduce, thus exponentially fewer insects around in the summer/fall.

The only problem with these is the wind can blow them against your outside
walls, then the sticky stuff will get all over the wall and it is hard to
get off. They dry out soon if in the direct sun. And don't put any low if
you have curious dogs or you will be pulling sticky stuff of their mouth!

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Am starting to have problems with ants in my kitchen, they seem to be
specifically going after the breadbox which sits on the counter. Don't
see them anywhere else in the house. Is there something that I could set
it on that they wouldn't be able to crawl up to get into the breadbox?
Kitchen is pretty clean, having just cleaned up after doing some work in
there. Cleaning up any currently uncleaned areas would involve pulling
the bottoms out of cabinets etc. Can't see where they're coming from,
although I thought I saw one crawl out from inside a corner cabinet with a
lazy susan in it (great. I'm sure that'll be fun to take apart.) No food
is stored in that cabinet though so that makes no sense.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel