Posted to alt.home.repair
Major Debacle Major Debacle is offline

Default Anyone ever hear of "hard dirt"?

I gotta redo a drive way strip that a redwood tree uplifted. It's one of
those old driveways where there are two strips of concrete about 30"
wide with dirt in the middle.

Some of the roots of the redwood tree are level with the top of where
the driveway strip should be so the lady wants to pour around the roots.
Makes sense to me. She said she talked to someone and all she could come
up with was "hard dirt". Now that don't sound like anything I ever heard
of, but who knows?

I figure, form up around the roots, pour the conc and fill in with
whatever it is she is calling 'hard dirt' around the roots. I don't know
what the hell she might mean, but I guess there might be something out
there to fill the bill.

Anyone got any ideas?