Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cu against concrete

wrote in message

I'll bet I could find dozens of other things that would add to the
appeal of a house long before polishing and lacquering water pipes in
the basement. Also, I would never lacquer a copper water pipe
because if you need to repair, tap into it, expand, etc, you will be
using a torch on it.

People are impressed by neatness. When prospective customers come to out
shop, they see painted color coded pipes for steam, air, water, and venting,
yellow lines on the floor, a well lit and clean boiler room with the 15 year
old boilers freshly painted and looking like new. Most have no clue what
they are looking at, but they compliment the good looking shop and give us
business. They know we take care of things, including what we ship to them.

I'd rather buy a house well cared for than a mediocre one.