Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default lawn sprinkler system

On Apr 14, 9:32*am, "trailer" wrote:
I'm currently considering a lawn sprinkler system for my front (only) yard.
I would have this installed through a lawn sprinkler company.

Since I've never had a lawn sprinkler system, I was wondering about the
advantages/disadvantages of installing and using one.

Currently, I just use the regular type sprinklers (using hoses) to water my
yard. *I would expect that an underground sprinkler system would provide a
better way of covering my yard.

Would a sprinkler system save me money and use less water? *The quoted cost
for installed system is well above $2K from a respected company.

I live in northern Texas.

Go green. Plant native species and don't water them at all. It saves
time, money and the environment.

If you plant the right species and don't water them, their root
systems will adapt. If you water them all of the time, they don't
grow sufficient roots.

And don't be afraid of a weed or two. It's a lawn, not a carpet.

Call your local cooperative extension agent for water-free suggestions.