Posted to alt.home.repair
trailer[_2_] trailer[_2_] is offline

Default lawn sprinkler system

I'm currently considering a lawn sprinkler system for my front (only) yard.
I would have this installed through a lawn sprinkler company.

Since I've never had a lawn sprinkler system, I was wondering about the
advantages/disadvantages of installing and using one.

Currently, I just use the regular type sprinklers (using hoses) to water my
yard. I would expect that an underground sprinkler system would provide a
better way of covering my yard.

Would a sprinkler system save me money and use less water? The quoted cost
for installed system is well above $2K from a respected company.

I live in northern Texas.