Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross[_2_] Gerald Ross[_2_] is offline

Default First problem with Nova DVR-XP

Noticed that the indexing pin would not drop down completely to lock
the headstock. I looked through the inspection window and saw that it
was riding on the top of the indexing ring. Unscrewed the handwheel
(it is a left-hand thread), and removed the end plate. The set screw
had completely backed out of the indexing ring, allowing it to drift
outward about 1/4 inch. I replaced the setscrew using some blue
loctite after dropping the setscrew and having to find it with a
magnet. All is well now.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA