Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT- Captain jumps overboard, SEALs shoot pirates (Apr 12) (US 3, Pirates 0)

LRod wrote:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:51:39 -0400, "Matt"
wrote:

http://digg.com/world_news/American_...ffici al_says

The one thing I find disturbing in all this is that the neo-cons have
been whining for years that liberals are soft on everything. I saw a
post on one of the other message boards yesterday that said:

"The last time we had a US President with the balls to face
down pirates..."

followed by a link to an article, no doubt about Jefferson
and the Barbary pirates, and nothing else.

So, let me see if I have this straight:

Who ordered the SEALs in? The battalion commander?
The captain of the ship carrying them? Southern Command?
SecNav? DefSec?

No, I'm guessing an overt military act like that pretty much
had to come from the Commander in Chief, just like in Jefferson's
day. I guess the implication is pretty clear, Obama does have balls,
and he deserves as much credit for it as Jefferson gets.

I'm with you. If some news reports of the pirates ages are correct, Obama
should get all the credit for killing the children.