Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd Mortimer Schnerd is offline

Default OT Why is the fax machine not dead

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Some folks consider a FAX to be more secure than E-mail.
In some ways it is. It's a lot harder to intercept a FAX
than an E-mail. I know how but I'd have to have access to
your phone line. Someone who knows how, can access your
E-mail or computer from the other side of the world.

OTOH, how many times has a fax machine dialed an incorrect number. If
that number happened to also have a fax machine on it, the fax goes to
them. It's not a farfetched an idea as you might think. In my
hospital, we've gotten faxes meant for others many a time. I assume
we've sent a few as well.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com