Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slow Drain in Bathroom Sink?

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:47:13 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Apr 13, 11:33?am, "The Ranger" wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote in message

[slow sink elided]

Ideas or suggestions?

Vent stack has obstruction?

Okay; how do I clean a vent stack? It's on the second story of my home and
there's really no easy way for _me_ to climb up on a ladder and gain access
to that portion of my house.

[I won't admit to having "issues" when getting near the top of my aluminum
extention ladder but climbing up-and-over the last wrung won't happen. I'm
too familiar with my own mortality and physical limitations. ]

The Ranger

your main sewer might be clogged.

if youy can reak into the line from sink to basement you can run your
snake up.

have someone watch the roof so it doesnt tangle.

i think you have a main drain issue.

if its tree roots rocksalt works great

If it's like mine, it is a "wet vent" (drain acts as vent to main
stack/drain about 6 feet away) and if the line gets half plugged the
sink gets real slow. One of those "super plungers" that looks like a
fat bicycle pump blows it clear in 3 or 4 strokes. Need to do it every
month or so with my long-haired daughter back home.