Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT- Captain jumps overboard, SEALs shoot pirates (Apr 12) (US 3, Pirates 0)

Morris Dovey wrote:

It struck me some time ago that anyone with a healthy family and a
full belly was unlikely to pick up a gun or strap on a suicide vest.

I don't think removing four Somali pirates (or even blowing up a
pirate HQ) is going to produce any noticeable change.

Uh, I don't think you can find a case where the hungry, the destitute, the
deprived of all hope, has, as a group, taken up arms to better their
condition.

It takes weapons, planning, and leadership to wage a war. But more
importantly, it takes calories. Despots don't retain power by providing a
society of plenty; they remain in control by making the populace weak. Weak
in spirit and in body.

"Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard. Only
the strong."