Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Bicycle pedal threads

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:38:46 -0500, Randy
wrote:

Who's the idiot that made these things 9/16-20? Now I had to order a
special tap to fix my sons bike. MSC does not even carry the LH
version. McMaster does. Luckily I only needed the RH one. LH is
almost $70.00 OUCH.

www.parktool.com for special bike tools, I might have to order the set
off ebay, local bike is listed as a park tool dealer, they never heard
of a tap or park tool. WOW.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Ouch! that one is a toughy. I checked three of my favorite
bike part sites, nada... FWIW I have dealt with these two
companies years ago with decent results:

http://www.nashbar.com/

http://www.performancebike.com/

This one has some odd things, but I've never ordered from
them:

http://www.thethirdhand.com/

You could always try sending them (Nashbar/Performance) an
email, ask if they can get the Park TAP-6 and what it would
cost. It used to be a lot cheaper getting my stuff through
them.

You maybe able to by a whole crank arm cheaper. Be sure and
get the right length and Crank/BB mount style.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b