Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Bicycle pedal threads

Randy wrote:

Who's the idiot that made these things 9/16-20? Now I had to order a
special tap to fix my sons bike. MSC does not even carry the LH
version. McMaster does. Luckily I only needed the RH one. LH is
almost $70.00 OUCH.

I have a set of 9/16-20 RH and LH taps you could borrow if you're doing
a one-off. They are really not in the best of shape, I salvaged them 30+
years ago from a shop that burned down. If carefully cleaned up and you
were careful, I think you could get a decent thread out of them.

Ping my email direct if you're interested.

Jon