Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH Draining Problem

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:56:48 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The valve should open fully but it is a gate valve- notorious fo
jamming due to build-up with crud.

Notorious for being a pain in the bum, poxy, spawn of satan, useless
piggin objects :-(

Come on now Dave say what you really mean... B-)

I'm being generous already :-)

Which reminds me have I excercised the damn things I have this year?
What really fups gate valves up is not being opened/closed at least
once/year and when left open left with the gate fully up not backed
down a 1/4 or 1/2 a turn. Of course neither of these things happen in
most places so by they time they are needed they are seized solid or
have so much crud on them they won't shut off properly.

Worse thing is, the buggers shut off & then the spindle snaps under the
strain, andthey won't open again. I hate the poxy things with a rengance.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk