Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Galvanometer

In article , David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/13/2009 9:39 AM msg spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I have an old galvanometer (nice Weston in a slant-front black crackle
case). Its scale reads 30-0-30. What units are these? Or are they just
relative values for comparison?

When you said 'galvanometer', I immediately expected you to be talking
about a 'mirror galvanometer': a large sensitive laboratory instrument
rather than an ordinary moving coil meter, which of course is
also a 'galvanometer' but is not commonly (at least in the US) labeled
as such.

Well, this one is definitely marked as such (at the factory), and was
made by what was at the time one of the largest manufacturers of meters
in the U.S., Weston Electrical Instrument Corp. Make of that what you will.

Here is one I have....

http://zekfrivolous.com/misc/meter.JPG