Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Copyright infringement watch

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

"Meat Plow" wrote:

Eh sorry you'd have to cite some legal precedence to convince me that
comments posted in a public forum are under some sort of copyright
protection.

Books and documents in a public library have copyright protection.
Paintings and sculptures in a public art museum have copyright protection.
Articles in newspapers have have copyright protection.

(The rub occurs when material deserving of copyright protection is
propagated across various countries' borders.)

Nor I suppose would I even be allowed to use your post in my reply
without your permission.

Not if you claim the contents of the other post was your creation.

You are woefully mis-informed on what theft by plagiarism is and what
copyright means.

Or even 'Fair Use'.