Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry B Larry B is offline

Default Can't find plugged defrost tube

My sister-in-law has an Amana Model TM16SPG. Its a top freezer, about 18 cu.ft. Water drips and occasionaly pours from the freezer into the refrigerator section via vent holes or the refrigerator light assy. . So, it appears that the defrost tube is plugged and I cannot find it. In researching this problem on the internet there seems to be 2 usual approaches. The tube can be accessed by either some kind of cup on the back wall of the refrigerator next to the temp control or by removing the back wall of the freezer. In this case, there is no "cup" next to the temp control and I removed the freezer's back panel. The evaporator extends below the bottom of the freezer and the tube is inaccessible from there. There is a 3" long weird tubular plastic piece that bisects the back upper seam of the refrigerator section at a 45 degree angle. There is no drain tube running along the back of the refrigerator.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated (again), Lar