Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Phipps[_2_] Tim Phipps[_2_] is offline

Default repairing an electret microphone

Arfa Daily wrote:

OK, but seems that all of this is tending to look at 'whole' mics as in
something that a newsreader would clip to himself, whereas the original
poster was talking about just the capsule inside, which was also what I was
referring to. As far as the polarity of electret mics varying, I can't
remember ever seeing a capsule where the case wasn't a negative-side ground,
and over the years, I have dealt with and replaced many in cordless phones
and similar.

IIRC the capsule in the Realistic (Tandy/RadioShack own brand) PZM
microphone had the +ve side connected to the case.

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email