Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Cleaning an HVLP gun

I picked up a used Campbell Hausfeld HV2500 2-stage turbine and HVLP
gun, but without manuals.

I've never owned this type of rig and it didn't come with a manual or
parts breakdown. I wasn't able to find parts breakdowns or
instructions for the gun, and only a very brief description of the
turbine at the manufacturer's web site, so I'm flying blind.

I'd like to thoroughly clean the passages of the gun AND its exterior.
It's been used with a variety of paints and stains. What's a good /
safe way to clean this?

Thanks
RWL