Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring cable

BetaB4 wrote:

starrin wrote:

ls02 wrote:
the best way is to run "home runs" to every location from a central
point. Do the 'splitting' and mixing at that point.

AMEN!
My incoming signal hits a 6-way splitter, and then home runs out to
the TVs. I have a TV co-located with my internet, and the modem is
split out at that point
www.hometech.com/video/splitters.html#primer and/or
http://svr10.hometech.com/kb/questio...questionoid=47

I read the first link, but I am not sure about one thing.....,

Does the signal loss through a splitter depend on how many devices (TV's,
for example) are actually connected to the splitter and drawing a signal?
Or, is the signal loss just based on the number of splits in the splitter
itself?

For example, if I have a 4-room apartment that I want to pre-wire, does it
matter whether I use an 8-way splitter and put two lines in each room or
use a 4-way splitter and putting one line in each room?

If I remember correctly, Splitters list the loss of RF on each port. 8way
will have tons of loss, you might need an amp. If you googled I'm sure you
could find more info on this.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"