Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Cu against concrete

Joe wrote:
On Apr 11, 11:18 am, JIMMIE wrote:
I bought a house to flip. It was a partially finished new house dried
in, supply plumbing was finished and inspected. They look like thay
did a good job except the CU pipe in the basement is fastened directly
to the concrete walls. Is there anyway this could be OK? The rest of
the house is plumbed with PEX.

Jimmie

It was inspected and passed. Copper takes a long time to corrode in an
alkaline environment like concrete. You don't plan to live in the
place. Why worry about it?

Joe

SOMEBODY is going to live in it. Sure he may be flipping it, but if he
has any ethics at all, he wouldn't do anything to it that he wouldn't do
to his own house.

Now I don't think that's a real concern; my house is 60+ years old and
the pipes in the basement are still OK. (fastened to cinder block in
some places.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.