Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default Wiring cable

starrin wrote:

ls02 wrote:
the best way is to run "home runs" to every location from a central
point. Do the 'splitting' and mixing at that point.

AMEN!
My incoming signal hits a 6-way splitter, and then home runs out to
the TVs. I have a TV co-located with my internet, and the modem is
split out at that point
www.hometech.com/video/splitters.html#primer and/or
http://svr10.hometech.com/kb/questio...questionoid=47

I read the first link, but I am not sure about one thing.....,

Does the signal loss through a splitter depend on how many devices (TV's,
for example) are actually connected to the splitter and drawing a signal?
Or, is the signal loss just based on the number of splits in the splitter
itself?

For example, if I have a 4-room apartment that I want to pre-wire, does it
matter whether I use an 8-way splitter and put two lines in each room or use
a 4-way splitter and putting one line in each room?