Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics,uk.radio.amateur
JB[_5_] JB[_5_] is offline

Default Does multicore solder deteriorate with age?

"Eeyore" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Well lead is one of the easiest extracted metals so certain parts of the
world are already 'contaminated' with it. It's a bit different when it's
modified so large concentrations can be airborne.

Lead additives in petrol / gasoline stopped so long ago, that should be no
problem for airborne pollution.

Graham

It is an issue when the Lead is heated to the point of vaporization. Allow
adequate exhaust ventilation. This also applies to various fluxes which can
lead to respiratory damage or discomfort. I tended to hold my breath when
soldering and allow the air to clear before breathing.