Posted to alt.electronics
pintlar pintlar is offline

Default Hold circuit

Would a 'push on / push off' switch work?
***************************
"Dr. Ernst Baumgartner" wrote in message
Hi,

my problem ist the following:

With a foot contact I switch a tiny power mosfet (BS 170) on, which in
turn
(softly) turns on a small 9V DC motor. After a moment, my foot often gets
tired, and I would like some circuit to hold the gate of the mosfet
positive
for me.

After a minute or two, I would like to be able to turn off my mosfet again
by a short touch to the pedal.

I was thinking of a combination of 555 timer(s) opening a time window
where
I could take the foot off the pedal, and a sample an hold ic, but do not
see
how to combine them, I am just an amateur...

Is there a genius out there who can help me to accomplish this?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Ernesto