Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics,uk.radio.amateur
Theo[_2_] Theo[_2_] is offline

Default Does multicore solder deteriorate with age?

"Davo" wrote in message
Theo wrote:
For rosin read resin.
Or as multicore called it - "Ersin"

As a youth I used Bakers Soldering Flux and Aluminium foil to make
Hydrogen for our lighter than air balloons. Bakers Soldering Flux was 32%
Hydrochloric Acid.

Caustic Soda and Aluminium works much better for producing hydrogen, but you
have to watch the temperature as the mixture gets mighty hot and tends to
produce steam too.

In the days of coal gas, I used to inflate balloons using our gas tap under
the sink. I once let one go with a card attached and I got a reply from over
100 miles away!

The gas we get now jest aint light enough!